Friday, June 1, 2012

SUYL Home Tours: Living Rooms

Happy Friday!  Linking up with Kelly's Korner for Show us your life Home Tours.  This week is living rooms.

Our living room is probably the most finished of all the rooms in our house.  We have lived in the house now a year and half.  There are things I'd still like to change, like the fireplace but those things are on hold now that I'm staying home.  But I would love your feedback on if we should paint the brick or do board & batten over the brick with a smaller mantle?  I originally was going to paint the brick white like the shelves but after I painted the shelves, I wanted nothing to do with painting for hmm the rest of my life.  I'll show you a before picture so you get the idea...

Welcome to our living room then...


And welcome to our living room now...

I cried when we brought the TV home...it was huge!  Did not look like big in the store :-/ but now I'm used to it.  I love the canvases that flank each side of the TV.  The ones on the left is a photo from our engagement, one from our honeymoon, and one from our wedding.  On the right are pictures of the next chapter in our life, our sweet baby boy!  I still need to order one more to on that side.  One piece of furniture we did buy before baby came was the TV console, it's one of my favorite pieces in the room other than the ottoman. 
We got it at Dillard's and it is Hooker brand.


Love the built in shelves!

I have 2 black shelves my dad built me while I was in college that I plan to hang over the wine bar.  They have been leaning against it for months, maybe we'll hang them this weekend, ha!  And the baby gate is such an eye-sore.  Excuse the large mirror to the right, it was hanging in the dining room but no longer fits since we got a tall china cabinet.  I'm thinking it will find a new home at my in-laws once they get done remodeling.









I love our living room and the high ceilings!  I would love new furniture but it's just not in the budget so we make do with what we have.  At least we have furniture right?

Well that's our living room...thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I had never thought of painting fireplace brick until I saw a friend of mine who had done it and it looked awesome! So once you are no longer sick of painting I say go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the updates that you have done. It looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete