Friday, November 30, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012 {Part 1}

I better get this up before Christmas gets here.

We celebrated Thanksgiving at my parents, like we do most years.  This was a fun year because it was Brady's FIRST Thanksgiving!  Not sure he really knew what was going on but either way, it was still exciting.

Wednesday we headed north, not realizing how horrific traffic would be.  Note to self: don't travel the evening before Thanksgiving.  Brady did good considering the really long car ride.

I tried getting a picture (with my phone) of my little turkey on Thanksgiving and this is what I got.  Such a ham!

 Bless his heart....no personality!

 Finally a kind of decent one...
This is the 2nd time I've found Brady helping himself to an apple.  Perfect for a teething baby boy. ha!  He is a hoot!
At Mimi's house there are all kinds of toys.  For boys and girls since we have lots of girl cousins.  Brady was really interested in one of the dolls.  It was so funny.  He picked her over and even gave her a kiss!
 I just love his facial expressions.  Like what in the world...

Thursday we had lunch around 1.  Brady got to partake in the Thanksgiving feast.  We had ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cornbread dressing, green bean casserole, mac n cheese, cranberries, and rolls.  For dessert, we had different pies and my mom made a delicious pumpkin dessert called pumpkin crunch cake.  It was so good and I think it will be a must have dessert from here on out.
 

I can't say Brady loved the meal.  Lately he's turned into a kind of picky eater.  Things he normally loves, he isn't interested in.  But we gave it the good ol' college try for his 1st Thanksgiving.  And I can say that he at least tried everything we put on his tray.  Turkey, mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, cornbread dressing and green beans.

 


  
Let's get real...he did LOVE the mac n cheese.  He is his father's child ;) Papa sat with B. at the kids table.  I remember eating at the "kids table" as a kid.  To fun!





We spent the rest of the afternoon lounging around, eating again and just enjoying each others company.  And maybe ate a 3rd piece of pumpkin crunch cake! ;)







B. enjoyed his cousins pushing him around on the plasma car.  He loved that thing!  Watch out cousins on the go...
These pictures really do melt my heart.  Such precious moments.




I couldn't be more thankful for my little family.  I have one incredible husband who loves me so much and is one amazing father to B. And of course we are so thankful for the miracle of life, our precious son.  I have so much to be thankful for.
My sweet family on Thanksgiving.  B's first Thanksgiving.
Friday, we ended up taking Brady to his first trip to the zoo.  So up next...Thanksgiving part 2: Trip to the Zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment