Monday, November 5, 2012

The Weekend

Friday, I had a girls night out.  One of my best friends (since 10th grade) and I went to a holiday shopping/fundraiser event for YMCA, Yuletide Market.  It was "sip and shop" night.  We shopped, had a drink, and ate some amazing hors d'oeuvres.  Afterwards, we went to a well-known Italian place and split our favorite fettuccine Alfredo.  We had a great time chatting and getting out of the house for some adult conversation.  Much needed for these two frumpy moms.

Sadly, this was the only picture I got of the night.  I really wanted this Madagascar hat, but decided I better not.  ha!  And I'm so thankful for a husband who is willing to take the babe for the night, so I can get out and get a break.  Thanks hunny!!

Saturday, I got to sleep in...woo-hoo!  Seems like I can't ever get catch up with sleep.  Is that just a mom thing?  The Aggie game was an early on so we spent the morning watching the game cheering on our Ags to another SEC victory!  Whoop!!  I did skip out for a bit to run a few errands and go to a local bake sale for a kid who has cancer.  That evening, I was stir-crazy and wanted to take a trip to Wal-Mart.  I know...what in the world gotten into me?  I really wanted to go to Target but since we don't have one close, I had to settle for WM.  We all loaded up and made a family trip to Wal-Mart.  So exciting, let me tell you!  We took B. to look at the fish, after we checked out all the Christmas decorations.  Brady loved looking at the fish.  But I was so upset to see most of them were DEAD and the tanks were filled with algae.

Also had a fun mail day...got these in the mail only to find out they are WAYYY to big!!  I am so sad!  I was so happy that I had B's holiday wear mostly bought, only to find out we may be able to wear them next year! 


Sunday, we went to church then headed to town.  We are taking our family photos this weekend and I was hoping to get our outfits figured out.  No such luck!  We ate Freebirds for lunch and Brady got his own quesadilla.  He's a fan! 

 While I am a fan of the nachos...yummy!

But he really isn't a fan of shopping...definitely takes after his father, ha!
 Doesn't he look just thrilled???  He fell alseep before we even got out of the mall parking lot.  Bless his heart.


Today we had Bible study...then hit up the grocery store.  We got stuff for our Operation Christmas Child and then had dinner tonight for my father-in-law's birthday.  Brady's Dandy.  Sadly, I didn't get a picture of them together, just this one of him and his daddy.  Why does he look so big/old???

And just because this one is too cute...B during lunch today.

No comments:

Post a Comment