Monday, October 12, 2009

Odem Jubilee

Momma B with the help of Allen made this awesome sign...I love it!

Well...I have my first show behind me. Overall, it was a success considering our demographics and compared to how other vendors did. I did sell It was a great learning experience and now we know what to do or not to do at our next show. The weather turned out to be wonderful, cool in the morning and just warm enough during the day. One thing I did learn is to be better prepared so you don't stay up until 2am the night before finishing up last minute details. Whew, we were exhausted! Thank the Lord for coffee & caffeine! Ha! Momma B rained in some help and we had a whole crew of wonderful, sweet ladies helping us making tutus until the wee hours Friday night. It was fun but we were all so tired. I was so thankful to have Momma B & Dandy there to help us! I do not think we could have done it without them, so thanks to them for stepping up and helping out. Saturday morning, we discovered that the tent Momma B had (she recently loaned it to somebody) was completely busted in the top of the frame. But Dandy who thinks quick on his feet went back to the house and got a 10ft pole to put in the middle of the tent to hold up the canvas. Thankfully we were only within 5 mins of the house...a plus to doing a show near family. It is almost like a dream come true - to be selling my stuff that I work so hard sewing and for some many people to give such wonderful compliments. Allen designed some amazing business cards for the show. It is also so wonderful to have a husband that supports me in whatever I do. I know Honey B. Boutique is no money-maker at the moment but yet he encourages me, inspires me, and pushes me everyday to just do my best. I am so thankful and blessed for that.

I am so very excited (yet scared to death) for the future of Honey B. Boutique. I am praying and believing in great things to come...and thank all of you for your encouragement and prayers as I take on this endeavor of owning my own business.

Ready to go...all smiles!
Super cute jewelry made my Nicki

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." Colossians 3:23-24

2 comments:

  1. GO NANCY! ! ! ! ! YAYAY AYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYA

    You go girl! Take "scared: out of your voabulary. The Lord has given you a gift and you need to be proud of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bathtub Taps: It is mounted on the top side of the tub for mixing hot and cold water open. Hot and cold can be Taps UK by two pipes called duplex; hoist water lift spiral structure, metal ball-style, ceramic cartridge type and so on. Currently on the market is more single handle Pull Out Kitchen Taps.

    ReplyDelete