Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter 2012 {Part 1}

My parents arrived Friday afternoon and the fun began.  Brady had lots of Mimi & Papa time which he loved!  My dad and AB worked on the pool while my mom and I sat outside and watched.  We then got ready for dinner...mexican food at their favorite place, Fermin's.  AB went over to see some friends that were in town and so it was just my parents, Brady & me.  Brady got plenty of attention from Mimi & Papa during dinner :)


Saturday we had lots of errands to run to get ready for Sunday.  My mom and I left Brady with the boys and we headed into town.  We went to Party City, Marshall's (where I found a fabulous Easter outfit), Hobby Lobby for pipe cleaners, & then finally Sam's to pick up the ham & cake for Easter lunch.


While we gone, my dad was determined to get the pool up & running.  We had several issues with one of the skimmers and we have never really been able to get the dolphin fountain to work.  Well, AB & my dad were able to get the skimmer working & the dolphin - yay!  Can't wait for it to warm up so I can take Brady for his first swim!
 
Saturday evening while mom and I prepared food for Sunday, AB grilled steaks.  We had steaks & baked potatoes...we were too tired to make salads, ha!  Late Saturday night, mom and I put Brady's Easter basket together.  His very 1st Easter basket.  Being a parent on holidays is one of my favorite things now that I'm a mom.


 Brady's Easter basket was filled with My Pal Scout puppy, "I Love You Because You're You" book, a RazBerry teether, another little teether, infant sunglasses which are hilarious on, a Bunnies by the Bay lovie, a ceramic lamb to go in his room since Easter is all about a lamb - not about a bunny, a new bib, & a sailboat onesie I made.


As a kid, AB and his sister would put their church shoes out by their bedroom do I think for a special Easter surprise, money in their shoe when they woke up.  So he wanted to continue the tradition on with B so we put his church shoes out by his Easter basket.  We will put the money in his piggy bank which will eventually go into a savings account.  It's a new tradition to me but I think it is so sweet of AB to carry it on to own son.  What a sweet daddy!
I got to bed about 1am and then woke up at 5am thinking of all the things that still needed to be done for Easter lunch.  But ended up making myself go back to sleep & then around 8:30 Sunday morning, we did the whole Easter basket thing with Brady.  Talk about one sweet boy...he is starting to really focus on things.  I love it!  Warning: overload of photos of Easter morning.






Told you...hilarious!
Blurry but it's our first Easter together as a family of 3.  Makes my heart smile.


After the basket, we all got ready for church.  Church was extra special not only because it was Easter but Brady would be baptized during the service & we would officially join the church.  I'll do a whole other post on that when I get a chance...for now I have a few errands to run.

Hope you all had a very happy, joyful Easter!  Christ has indeed risen & alive!

'Cause living He loved me, dying He saved me
And buried He carried my sins far away
Rising He justified freely forever
-Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment