Friday, September 7, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

Better late than never, right?

We had a pretty low-key weekend, which was great!  My parents came in town for the weekend, always a treat.  I pretty much spent most of my time in the sewing room working, while my parents entertained B. and AB stayed glued to the TV.


It was the first weekend of college football, ya know.  We take college football very serious around here!  Our team wasn't playing (the Aggies) but if college football is on, we are watching.

AB did have Friday off.  Love when he has days off!!  We went to breakfast together and B. got to eat his first pancake.  He loved it!!!  He is my child.  I love pancakes!  Daddy not so much.  After breakfast, we made a trip to Home Depot.  Which was the 1st place we ever took Brady in public.  Look how much he's grown...


Friday was also "wear your college colors" so Brady wear *his* colors.  Maroon & white - the only acceptable colors around here! ;)

Mommy took part in "college colors day" too.

Friday evening, I cooked a big ol' southern meal of chicken fried steak & chicken fried pork chops - AB and my dad's favorite.  Served with homemade mashed potatoes, sweet peas, and salad.  I also made a coconut buttermilk pie for dessert.  All figure-friendly foods :)  We were all stuffed.

I suggested to AB that we go on a date Saturday night.  He quickly reminded me that college football would be on and he could be more than happy to go Sunday night, ha!  Told you - college football ranks above romance around here.  We hadn't been on a date since B. was born.  Almost 9 months.  It was long overdue but it's so hard to cut those mommy strings.  I want to do it all, all the time.  But I knew B. would be in good hands with Mimi and Papa so that made going easier.  Even though I won't lie and say I didn't miss him, the whole 3 hours we were gone.  Pathetic much?

We ended up trying a restaurant we had never been too and it turned out to be a good choice.  It was really good.  We both got steak and opted to not get a dessert since I wanted Starbucks.  The nearest Starbucks or any decent coffee establishment is more than 25 minutes from our little town, so it was a nice treat.  I got an iced vanilla coffee and a cake pop.  We decided to stop at Wal-Mart on the way home for a few things.  What exciting lives we lead.  Ha!  We were home by 10pm.  I also dyed my hair before our big date, ha!  Always scary doing it yourself but turns out I love the color.  Now for a haircut and maybe a few low-lites for the fall.


Love when my mom comes.  She is so great about doing all the laundry, cleaning the house, and cleaning out B's old clothes, tidying up his room, etc.  Things I just don't really have time for with an 8 month under me.  AB also lowered the crib mattress AGAIN!  It is officially the lowest it will go.  Seems like we were just setting up the crib.  Time goes by so fast!

 

We also celebrated my dad's birthday (again) while he was here.  It was on the 29th.  Brady enjoyed helping him open his present...or eating the tissue paper.




Sunday our microwave went out, ugh.  And I dropped a dozen eggs on the kitchen floor/rug...not a happy momma!  Eggs, ick!  AB went to Home Depot Monday and ordered one and it was delivered today (Friday)...to our neighbors house.  Ha!  Never a dull moment around here...

 Brady, Papa, and Mimi

(not a great picture of B but I thought it was too sweet)

My parents left Monday, which is always sad for me.  But I'm so thankful for the times we do get to spend together.  It was a great holiday weekend, hated to see it come to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment