Thursday, December 20, 2012

Santa Claus 2012

Today, I took Brady to see the man in the red suit.

Santa Claus.

There was quite a line but I decided we were there so let's just go for it.  Because I knew the closer it got to Christmas and the weekend, the crowds would be even worse and I didn't want to have to get back out with all the holiday shoppers.

So an hour and a half later...we finally made it to the front of the line.

I was SO proud of how well Brady did.  He was so happy during the wait, even though he couldn't get down.  We spent lots of time standing in the stroller, standing at my feet, and distracting him with the Christmas trees, wipes, and water.  He enjoyed watching all the people and saying "Hi" to the people in line with us.  Even the lady behind us commented on how well he had done.  He did start to melt down about the last 5-10 minutes of the wait.  But other than that I was super proud of him and it made this mommas heart so happy.

And he did wonderful once we got to see Santa!  He was so tired and would smile after the flash went off.  But that's okay, I think his picture turned out PRECIOUS and I am so glad I
took the time to wait in line to capture this sweet moment.

It was actually cold today!  So it was the perfect weather to bundle up...so I went all out (wool sweater, scarf, and all) because lately we've had more summer days than winter.    Well, I was a mess by the time we got Santa.  It was HOT in the mall.  I couldn't wait to get outside and feel the wind and glorious 60 degrees.


Oh how I love that sweet boy!  So thankful I get to be his momma!!

No comments:

Post a Comment