Monday, December 31, 2012

2012

So I haven't even finished blogging about Thanksgiving or my birthday, or even started Christmas 2012.

And now we are on the verge of a new year.  I wish I had something profound to say or brilliant but I don't.

These last few days/weeks of 2012 have been busy just doing, just living, just being.

No real expectations or deadlines.

Just living life...honestly, just being tired.  Ha!  Feelin' like a ragged, worn-out momma.  But a thankful one.

2012 was an incredible year for us. 

Was the year we watched Brady grow from a 2 week old to a one year old.

Was the year I hung up my teacher hat and became a work in the home mom aka SAHM.

Was the year we prayed for big changes for our family.

Was the year a big commitment was made (which we've yet to share).

Was the year that the change we had prayed for, finally was answered.

There were so many highs for us (like watching Brady grow), yet so many struggles.  But I'm finding that I really relish in our struggles for that is where we are able to truly surrender to Him.  And that feels so good.

It was also the year I read "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan, which truly changed the way I live.  If you haven't read it...do, it will transform your heart and mind.

2012 is a year I will forever cherish in my heart.  But I am also ready to see what the new year brings us.

And I'm hoping by Valentine's Day, I'll be all caught up with our holiday happenings.

Here's to a new year...and to being more organized and not as tired, ha!

Here is how we spent our last day of 2012...

 Brady did a little bit of jumping on his new trampoline from Mimi & Papa.

 Acted silly...like he was going "night, night!"

Had a fun mail day...baby shoes are my weakness.  Especially squeakers, I die!

I then enjoyed a late, so very bad for you lunch.  All.by.myself.  Daddy got off work early and he gladly took the boy home with him so I could eat and shop all alone.

I'll admit the shopping alone was glorious.  But eating, I was kind of sad not to have my little side-kick there.  Amazes me how much we can truly love our little people.  And to think that is how God loves us.

I'm hoping to really soak up those kind of love moments in 2013.



No comments:

Post a Comment