Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Menu Planning - Paleo style

We have slowly been transitioning to a Paleo or a "real food" type of eating.  It seems the more I find out about the food we consume the more ill I become.  Really it's more about what we don't know about the food we are consuming...even scarier.

But either way, I thought it was time to start being a better example to Brady since he is now eating what we are eating.  Also, I had a slight addiction to Dr. Pepper!  I found myself finding an excuse to leave the house so I could stop through a drive-thru to get one.

So a new year always brings new goals, etc so I decided it was time to make a change.  But not go on a diet...because I.will.fail.miserably!  Instead I decided to do a "lifestyle change" and really it hasn't been so hard to keep it up.  Other than the days, I've been sick.  Which seem to be a lot lately.  It's almost like my body is revolting against this "lifestyle change."  And actually I feel so much better!  And haven't even been taking my thyroid meds.

We are simply cutting out processed foods, grains, and Dr. Pepper.  Don't get me wrong, I still have my occasionally handful of M&M's, or girl scout cookie (I couldn't say no when she rang the door bell, that would be just rude!), and I even have carbs on occasion.  For it's easier to have just a little, than none at all.

All in moderation...is what I tell myself.

I am always looking for new dinner ideas and this week I am trying all new recipes.  So here is what's on the menu for this week.

Monday - omelets...momma was still under the weather.

Tonight, we had Coconut Chicken Nuggets.  We all thought they were tasty & easy!  Even B. ate some and lately he hasn't been wanting meat.

I didn't make the bbq sauce to go with it, we just used some sauce we had.  I'll be honest, we had Chick-fil-A sauce - yum!!  Not healthy at all but we had it and so we used it.  We still have food we are trying to eat up without wasting or throwing it away.  These would definitely be some thing I'd make again.

Here's the rest of the week:

Meatloaf Cake - I'm doubling this recipe because I'm not sure 1 lb is enough??
Southwest Turkey Burger Sliders
Spicy Coconut Shrimp

We are eating out Friday night with friends so I'll probably do the burger sliders Saturday on the grill.

For breakfast, we've been making these smoothies and they are yummy!!


I've pinned all of these recipes here!  So feel free to pin them and I hope to keep up this weekly menu planning.

Do you have any favorite Paleo or "whole foods" recipes??

No comments:

Post a Comment