Thursday, January 24, 2013

What we're loving...

So I still have yet to blog about Thanksgiving or Christmas and I had intentions of doing one of them today but I decided to do a post about what's going on, in the present moment.  And somewhat of a photo dump from my phone...

Since the new year, it seems like we've been under the weather than we haven't.  We've had colds, stomach viruses, and other unknown viral infections.  We have been sick-free since Tuesday and I am hoping to stay that way!!!


Last week, B. and I were both sick and so my mom (aka mimi) came to be with us.  We loved having her here and I know B. enjoyed seeing his mimi.  I had been so looking forward to going to the farmers market on Wednesday and thank goodness we all felt well enough to go.


Felt great to get dress, have some human interaction, and get some fresh air and eggs!  Brady loved getting to roam around.  He is certainly wanting to be independent these days.


Over the weekend, we were better and then sickness struck once again.  Sunday, night I came down with a stomach virus.  It was awful but thankfully AB was great and helped nurse me back to health.  While being quarantined to my room, I decided to take advantage of my time and finally started watching the Downton Abbey series on Netflix.  Oh my, it's so good!  I watched the entire first season and episode 1, all within 2 days.  I am hooked.  I'm more than halfway through season 2, thanks to Hula Plus.  Why in the world doesn't Netflix have season 2???  I'm trying to get caught up with season 3.

Source
I am loving this show!  And that says a lot because I'm not much of a TV person and really just not into keeping up with a series.  But this is such a nice change from reality TV and I love learning about this time period.  Sooo good!

We've also been loving playing and exploring.  Since we've been sick, we've spent a lot of time playing at home.  Good thing we got an abundance of toys!  I started pulling and sorting toys to go into a tote, so we can rotate the toys in and out.  I think B. gets tired of playing with the same old toy and this way it's like we are getting "new" things but not really.

He got this cute dog for his birthday and he loves to sit in his chair and play with him.  Thanks Davis family for the great gift :)  He loves pressing all the buttons and it's heart.


So we've been filling our days with lots of play around the house.  Which I'm loving getting to see B. explore and play.  He is getting to wear he wants to play independently, which is a good and bad thing.  Independent means doing things his way and on his terms.  But for the most part, if it won't hurt him I let him be.  Except playing in the toilet, is where I draw the line ;)

Someone is also loving climbing...


That would be the end table that he is standing on.  He climbed unto the couch and then over to the table.  So the end table has been moved else where and his PBK chair also has a new home.  And this morning he managed to climb into the recliner...
And very proud of himself!  Mommy is not so much loving all the climbing...

On Tuesday, I was finally able to get to the grocery store and afterwards decided to take Brady to the park to let some energy out.  But first he had a good ol' time acting like a wild man in the car.  Playing the car seat and back seat is like Disney World to him.  He gets so excited and acts just plum crazy!  Probably because he isn't having to be strapped down.  Now that he is walking...the car seat is not his friend.


Poor baby wore himself plum out.  I think it was the swing that did it...totally relaxed him, he just wanted to lay down.  Haha!


And here are few more things we are loving this morning...


Seems like the simplest toys are the best!  Mimi got him a Fisher Price shape sorter for Christmas and he loves it.  He loves putting the blocks in the bucket, carrying it around, and dumping them out.  It's the one toy he consistently goes for.  Also makes a good teeth-er ;) 


And books.  We are loving books.  I try to make it a point to sit down and read a few times  a day.  It doesn't always happen but when it does, Little Blue Truck is a favorite!


And I mean who doesn't love avocado????  The skin and all???


And that's what we've been up to and what we're loving...

No comments:

Post a Comment