Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Cowgirl Cookies



Saturday I spent the majority of my day in the kitchen - baking! It was a great way to break in my new kitchen & use all my new cookware & kitchen gadgets. And to get my mind "off things!" I made a "going away goodie basket" for a dear friend of mine, Laura "Duck" who moved to California over the weekend. And I decided to try this Cowgirl Cookie recipe since I wanted Laura to remember her "cowgirl roots" from Texas as she headed West.

I am a HUGE fan of
Bakerella and this was my first recipe to try from her website. I do believe the cookies were a success (as did Allen) & I definitely plan on making them again soon. This recipe is one you will want to print & try out! I mean who doesn't love a fresh, homemade baked cookie - yum!

Cowgirl Cookies
(recipe copied for Bakerella)
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup & leveled

1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

1 cup cooking oats

3/4 cup m&ms

3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1/2 cup brown sugar, packed

1/2 cup white sugar

1/3 - 1/2 cup chopped pecans


Stir all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.


Add
: 1 slightly beaten egg
1/2 cup butter (melted slightly in the microwave)

1 teaspoon vanilla


Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Use the back of a large spoon to work it all together. You may even need to use your hands to get everything incorporated.
Then roll the cookie dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, place on a parchment covered baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven. Makes about 26-28 cookies.

Bakerella's photos & gift idea for this cookies are amazing! Thank you Bakerella for sharing your wonderful ideas & recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment